Skip to Main Content
Commissioner's Meeting Minutes 2019 2019-01-07 Meeting Minutes 2019-01-15 Meeting Minutes 2019-01-22 Meeting Minutes 2019-01-28 Meeting Minutes 2019-02-04 Meeting Minutes 2019-02-11 Meeting Minutes 2019-02-14 Meeting Minutes 2019-02-19 Meeting Minutes 2019-02-25 Meeting Minutes 2019-03-04 Meeting Minutes 2019-03-11 Meeting Minutes 2019-03-18 Meeting Minutes 2019-03-25 Meeting Minutes 2019-04-01 Meeting Minutes 2019-04-08 Meeting Minutes 2019-04-15 Meeting Minutes 2019-04-22 Meeting Minutes 2019-04-23 Meeting Minutes 2019-04-29 Meeting Minutes 2019-05-06 Meeting Minutes 2019-05-13 Meeting Minutes 2019-05-20 Meeting Minutes 2019-05-21 Meeting Minutes 2019-05-28 Meeting Minutes 2019-06-03 Meeting Minutes 2019-06-10 Meeting Minutes 2019-06-17 Meeting Minutes 2019-06-24 Meeting Minutes 2019-07-01 Meeting Minutes 2019-07-08 Meeting Minutes 2019-07-15 Meeting Minutes 2019-07-22 Meeting Minutes 2019-07-29 Meeting Minutes 2019-08-05 Meeting Minutes 2019-08-08 Meeting Minutes 2019-08-12 Meeting Minutes 2019-08-15 Meeting Minutes 2019-08-19 Meeting Minutes 2019-08-26 Meeting Minutes 2019-09-03 Meeting Minutes 2019-09-09 Meeting Minutes 2019-09-16 Meeting Minutes 2019-09-23 Meeting Minutes 2019-09-30 Meeting Minutes 2019-10-07 Meeting Minutes 2019-10-15 Meeting Minutes 2019-10-21 Meeting Minutes 2019-10-28 Meeting Minutes 2019-11-04 Meeting Minutes 2019-11-12 Meeting Minutes 2019-11-18 Meeting Minutes 2019-11-19 Meeting Minutes 2019-11-25 Meeting Minutes 2019-12-16 Meeting Minutes 2019-12-2 Meeting Minutes 2019-12-23 Meeting Minutes 2019-12-30 Meeting Minutes 2019-12-9-19 Meeting Minutes

2019-11-19 Meeting Minutes

For a printable version of the November 19, 2019 Meeting Minutes (which includes all content as listed below), click here.

November 19, 2019

The Board of County Commissioners of Creek County (BOCC) met in Special

Session on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 2:00 p.m., date and time duly posted.

Item #1: Meeting was called to order at 2:05 p.m. by Chairman, Leon Warner. Roll Call Warner present, Stephens present, and Whitehouse absent. Along with Covey Murray, Dana Logsdon, Tim Quinton, Paul Farris, Andrew Goforth, Bret Bowling, Joe Thompson, Gerald Haury, Mike Haefner, David Taylor, Chris Leach, Pete Sellers, Wayne Williams, Steve Pitts, Darryl Maggard, Joe McGill, Rita Diehl and Lance Terry.

Item #2: Statement of compliance with open meetings act-Chairman.

Item #3: DISCUSSION ONLY/NO ACTION regarding 911 services, including discussion and possible action on the following items: a(i-iv) 911 Trust Creation Warner stated he had spoken too many of you already and some have the indenture already. Our Assistant District Attorney, Andrew Goforth as created the trust indenture with a combination of others that best meets our County needs. There will be a nine member board as defined on page 4. We have asked that your town counsel review the indenture and recommend any changes they may see. Goforth stated he has met with David Weatherford and David Widdoes to discuss some concerns. We ask each of you if your city or town has not reviewed this indenture to please do so. Once we have the trust indenture finalized each agency will approve and appoint their power be, municipalities and county will accept beneficiaries of the trust, than the county will acknowledge the approval and establish the trust. Affidavits will be signed and the trust will be its own entity. The trust then will start operating and start having meetings. We will need to establish when and where for the meetings and get everyone brought up to speed with the duties of the trust. We will need input from the public, members and other committees to make this successful. We need to know what the needs are to know what to do stated Warner.  The trustees were briefly discussed with everyone in attendance. Warner stated that once the trust is in place, it will need to have legal counsel. The Counties legal counsel Andrew Goforth will not be able to represent the trust. I have spoken to Keith Ham from Bristow; he has agreed to represent the trust if the trustees agree to elect him. This wouldn't happen until after the first of the year. Let's discuss what day and time works best to have meetings. Goforth stated that it has been being held on Tuesday's at 2 p.m. in Drumright, does that work for everyone or do you have other recommendations. Everyone in attendance agreed that Tuesday's at 2 p.m. work best for all here. Bret Bowling, Sheriff stated that some may not be in attendance if the Public Facilities Trust has meeting on the same day. Stephens stated that we need to make a decision as those meeting dates are due to the State by December 15, 2019 for transparency. Goforth stated that we probably aren't quite there yet and may have to have several special meetings until the trust is established and then they will file their meeting dates. (b) Lance Terry discussed the requirements of the grant opportunities that are available for counties. The grant opened in October and requires certain core elements upgraded like 911 equipment, some consolidation efforts and get the GIS data into compliance. There is $4.4 million in grants, $1.4 has been spent already on upgrading equipment in Oklahoma, and there are five counties that have no 911. There is $3 available for GIS and $2.4 million for local governments to bring data up into compliance. We have two servers here in Creek County one with the City of Sapulpa and one with the Creek County Sheriff, which is a shared server. The problem with what Creek County has is when you are in the field Google and the ambulance has no consistence mapping program currently that works well in rural Oklahoma. Next, we have an issue with routing 911 calls to the proper location. There are two options with the grant available you can get an 80/20 match or receive a 100% grant if you offer training classes. The cost for the state depository map is $600,000.00 for all the data needed. Then we need to upload that data to the federal government to then be put into the NAB system. Arkansas and Arizona has already completed this process. Oklahoma has no state depository currently, Google goes to NAB. All projects must be completed by March of 2022; we need each of you to put this on your radar screen and start getting ready. We have been working with RFP on the State Bid to provide vendors or providers that can upgrade your current systems. You will need to receive two quotes and that meets the standard requirements. The vendors are equipped with the proper tools to run data with what is the standard requirement as well. This will help with your procurement process. It would streamline your process if there was some consolidation, which there is funding with the grant process for this. There is a rolling application deadlines which is the 15th. Once those are submitted we will run them through the process and make recommendations to the boards. We have received several which were kicked back due to asking for things that are outside of the law. Please stick to what is approved through the grant. There was discussion of the individuals visiting with other organizations to see their upgraded equipment. (c) Darryl Maggard, INCOG spoke to the group we have went through two of these so far. We have looked at the feasibility phases and have looked at all options. This process doesn't hold you to certain vendors, the vendors available are familiar with the national standards. You will get a good assessment back. The next question asked is where the funds come from for the cost. We at the County have been working with a company and they are experts in the area. Warner stated we don't have anyone with that knowledge here in the County. Terry went through the scenario of what if you don't consolidate the dispatch centers and what if the trust hires a 911 coordinator. We have to look at all options to get the GIS updated county wide. Goforth touched base with the study that creek county has been working on. We have a proposal but we aren't sure where the money is going to come from to pay it. We want the Trust to be able to have something to work off of. Goforth touched base on the study that has been done and if the board chose to go with it, it could be a cost that the grant would reimburse. I would suggest that you start working on their studies. Warner stated his plan would be ask the county to pay the proposed $56,000.00 from quote and get reimbursement from the grant. We would still have some legal counsel expenses to look at and a 911 director as well to hire. The City of Sapulpa has been working with INCOG and has some capabilities already. We do know that the 911 fees currently being collected is not enough to run it now, and if we expand and update it is not going to cover the expenses. We have to look at all our options, maybe even a bond. Roger's and Muskogee County expenses for their 911 isn't collecting enough currently with the 911 fees. Maggard my thoughts are that you all start working together and start looking at the next generation 911, you are going to get push from the state to get it updated. Let's see how we can as a group. The American Heart Association is making a big push for CPR instruction to be administered over the phone now. We have to get our systems updated so that we are not misrouting call and taking away valuable seconds. Stephens touched base of the $14 million dollar disaster relief funds that were received; we took the time to look at what the county needed. And we upgraded the radios to the 800 system; we looked at them being able to be integrated with other things. We worked hard to have that unity throughout the county and really listened to your needs as well. I know we can't individually afford this, we have to work together to make it work. Warner stated that Motorola plays well with the CAD System that the City has. The Spellman system is owned by Motorola. There was discussion from the City of Sapulpa with their new CAD system and how it works, how it has already upgraded what they had in the past. We encourage you to come by and look at the system. We are going out for vote for a bond to expand some of the services coming up. Terry touched base on the radio system and how it can get boggled down with too many channels added. Warner stated we have some good tools to work with and logistics to review. (f) Warner stated has already been discussed, we have a road map; if the trust can be approved soon then we can get it off the ground. We may have another meeting before the trust is established. Terry there needs to be discussion of how the flow of money will be handled with the trust at some point. Also, we will be sending out the maps soon or at least by January for your entities to draw in your lines. We all know that this is important as it has to do with how much funding you receive with 911. They will be approved by April and then sent to OTC to be approved in May and delivered in a final form to you in July. As you know you have one time a year to make these changes. Goforth stated we probably won't be ready for the consolidation this year. Goforth encouraged all in attendance to please let him know of any concerns that your board, stakeholders or governing bodies may have so that we can talk about them. We want all interests to be heard. Terry touched base with the Oklahoma School Safety Initiative Rave Panic Button available and Rapid SOS. Warner asked if there was anything else that anyone would like to discuss with nothing come before us. A motion was made by Warner and seconded by Stephens at 3:07 p.m. to adjourn. Vote as follows: Warner - Aye, Stephens - Aye.